Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Off to Greece

After being back in the U.S. for two days, I'm headed off to Athens tomorrow for another conference. It is rather small, but I couldn't pass up the chance for some practice at presenting publicly and, well, going to Greece! Though, I was relatively impressed with the Richmond Street nightlife in London, Ontario.

If you're in the area (not likely, but I know there are some international readers here), stop by. It will be at the St. George Lycabettus Hotel in Athens (they really know how to do it in Greece!). The conference is put on by ATINER and the general topic is Tourism. I am again presenting with Dr. Mark Rosentraub. Below is the title of the presentation:

Measuring the Local Economic Benefits of Regional Assets: Opportunity Costs and the Best Use of Land for Regional Development

That also means there probably won't be any sab-R-metrics articles up until after I get back (I'll return on June 16th). Hopefully I can get on a roll after that, as I only have one more conference to go to in the summer (Joint Statistical Meetings in August in Miami Beach--the Sport Sections are highly recommended for you sports guys).

No comments:

Post a Comment