Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Congrats to Kurt

Just wanted to send out my congratulations to Kurt Voytell, who was recently named to the JUCO All-America Team and will be playing at Towson next year. Kurt was a hell of a ballplayer in high school, who unfortunately tore his ACL his senior year. Top tier programs like LSU and Stanford had apparently shown interest in him before blowing out his knee.

Considering I was the pitching coach at Urbana (where he played and I also played back in the day and coached for a year after college), I CERTAINLY CANNOT say I had anything to do with his progression as a player. He was one of those guys that seemed to care more about baseball than the other guys that used the sport as 'something to do' in the spring, and it showed. It showed well enough that he hit .462 and get named an All-American at Potomac State. Hopefully he'll stand out at Towson, too.

Hat Tip: UHS Skipper Mike Frownfelter

No comments:

Post a Comment