Monday, January 25, 2010

Update on My Blogging

For the 2 people that read this blog on a regular basis (one being myself), I'm sure you've noticed that drop in posting of late. Work has really gotten the best of me here at the office, and it's best for me to devote my time as a graduate student than put forth extensive analysis on a blog. I do find this endeavor rewarding and helpful in coming up with ideas for my work, but it ends up taking away from my other responsibilities.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on my research at school, with my online focus being Fantasy Ball Junkie posts for now (I will cross-reference them here) and maybe have a 'Weekly Commentary' on sports and sports business issues here, with much less thoughtful analysis. I'd absolutely recommend keeping up with FBJ, especially given the upcoming baseball season and fantasy drafts. I enjoy working with fantasy a little more and that's what blogging is about for me: fun. Blogging about the same things I work on in the office ends up feeling like more work.

I know, I know: how terrible that I have to keep thinking about sports all day. But really, it can take some of the fun out of what I really enjoy about sport competition itself. And I don't really like posting half-assed analysis when it comes to statistics. Putting forth a full effort takes a lot of time, and I don't want to be in the business of publicly publishing something that isn't a full effort. I will continue to lurk around saber and sports econ websites, but likely won't be as active. I'll provide links to really cool stuff I see going on, and try to comment on news stories with some sound logic to combat the crazy mainstream media writers. This could change once the summer months come along, as I have a little more time then.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to see you stop blogging as much, though when work and school call you have to answer. If you ever feel the urge to comment, feel free to stop by my place. Thanks for noticing my series on the players who integrated baseball. Good luck with your fantasy work.

    ReplyDelete