Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fantasy Ball Junkie: Fantasy Balance and League Policy

I have a new post over at FBJ discussing the use of competitive balance metrics in fantasy to evaluate changes in league rules. The example talks specifically about dumping, but it can really be applied to any league policy change that's supposed to support parity and competition. I'll repeat here, as I did in the comments at FBJ, be careful of small sample sizes. Before making a decision on changing a rule, make sure you have sufficient evidence that it didn't help things.

The site has begun to pick up, and our editor has put up some interesting visualizations. It's something I had hoped to do here, but don't have the time (and, ultimately, after seeing Beyond the Boxscore's "Diamond View" graphics, I have no clue how to compete). Let the fantasy keeper season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment