Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy Week: Interesting Links for Now

So the last week or so has been pretty busy and it's only going to get busier. The lack of posting was probably a pretty good indication of that. I have something in the works coming up for The Prince of Slides, so no worries. For now, I'll stick you with a couple links:

1. Dennis Dodd gives an interesting take on Swine Flu I hadn't thought about before over at CBS. I'd suggest not bothering to read comments by CBS readers...they're generally moronic, offensive, and/or terribly racist. While I'm not a huge Dodd fan, I'd be interested to know the economic hit the school takes by losing a BCS Championship to H1N1.

2. The Sports Economist's Brad Humphreys provides a resource for the ongoing saga that could allow NFL to be given extended antitrust exemption. I haven't followed this very closely, but probably should. The story is here.

3. My San Diego Seduction took the biggest first week loss in the Lingerie Football League, losing to the Seattle Mist 20-6. Get'em next week, girls.

4. Being a sports fan and a nerd rolled into one, I thought this story at ESPN about FBS Quarterbacks transferring to the Ivies was kind of cool. I didn't really hit my academic stride until after college and I really admire kids that look at college athletics like these guys do.

That's it for today. I have to go manage my fantasy baseball team. I'm in the Championship against our 2-time defending champion editor of Fantasy Ball Junkie and THT Fantasy Writer, Eriq Gardner. Wish me luck...I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment