Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Business Venture: Lingerie Football League

I don't have much to say, other than: How the hell did I not know this existed? I'm really curious what kind of following this actually has or if it's even a viable business outside Pay Per View television. It's apparently an extension of a successful Super Bowl Halftime ritual. I guess I'm not creepy enough to have heard of it. The website even offers fantasy football using its players. I don't really think this is the best time, economically speaking, to have a start-up arena football league. But I hope I'm proven wrong. I think it would be more entertaining than Arena League. Here's my favorite excerpt from the Wikipedia page dedicated to the newly minted league:

"Play style is full-contact and similar to other indoor football leagues. Uniforms consist of helmets, shoulder pads, elbow pads, knee pads, sports bras, and shorts."

I'm going to choose to root for the San Diego Seduction. You think they have a line on this league in Vegas yet?

Play on, ladies. Play on.

No comments:

Post a Comment